Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (model XHU02Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XHU02Z is a welcome solution for trimming applications. The XHU02Z has a Makita-built motor that delivers 1,350 SPM and a 22 in. blade for increased cutting capacity. The XHU02Z will run up to 120 minutes on the low setting on a single charge using an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). Cordless technology also means lower noise, and at only 87 dB(A) the XHU02Z is 25% quieter than other cordless hedge trimmers. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed
- 22 in. blade provides increased cutting capacity
- Anti-vibration design (5 cushions within the motor housing) helps minimize vibration
- Battery capacity warning system, motor stops and light goes on indicating battery needs recharging
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB (A) for operator comfort
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 38 in. L
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery, battery not included for reduced operator fatigue
- 2-handed operation, motor is activated only when the switch and top handle are engaged
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Quick blade changes, no need to disassemble the housing
- Electric brake for increased productivity
- 3-year warranty on tool
- Battery and charger sold separately
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.